March 7, 2020 - March 8, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
FDH Balance and Collection Clinic March 7-8
This clinic will cover Balance and Collection and how to prepare and problem solve from ground to mounted using the Farah DeJohnette Whole Approach to Horsemanship system.
In this clinic you will learn:
- How to analyze and evaluate you horses conformation and natural gaits so you can design a practice around where they need help while maintaining their natural strengths.
- How to do my unique soft, flowing suppleness patterns on the ground that remove brace and blocks to your horses’ freedom of movement, balance, collection and athleticism.
- How to improve self carriage, natural framing and lightness in your horse without needing to use gadgets and strong equipment.
- How to use your body and position more harmoniously and effectively to achieve Balance and collection on the ground and Mounted.
Participation with a horse and accomodation: $550.00
Participation with a horse :$400.00
Saturday: 9:00-12:00 Evaluations and Ground work prep.
1-4pm Continued Suppleness exercises and preparation
Sunday: 9:00-10:30 unmounted prep for riding
10:30-12 Ground prep suppleness warm up review.
1-4pm Mounted exercises for balance and introduction to collection.
What to bring:
- Whatever tack you normally use
- Any coggins or health certificates
- Rain gear for horse and rider
- Tack for ground work-lunge lines and dressage whips