Teamwork makes the Dreamwork: Mother-Daughter Retreat
May 11-12 North Brookfield, MA 9:00 AM- 5:00 PM
Looking for a unique way to spend Mother’s Day Weekend?. Whether you are an artist, an animal lover, or simply looking for an experience beyond a traditional Mother’s Day brunch, this weekend retreat is for you! Celebrate Mother’s Day with your favorite girl and deepen your relationship through Activities with Horses (non riding), Mindfulness, Writing, and Multimedia Art. Share an experience of a lifetime! This retreat is a collaboration between Farah DeJohnette of DeJohnette (About FDH) Horsemanship and Alexia Johnstone, LMHC, Expressive Arts Therapist (About Alexia). Appropriate for mother-daughter, Grandmother’s,Godmother’s, Auntie’s pairs or any non blood important women in your life. ages eight through adulthood, Art-making, Unique Equine Activities, and time in nature will nurture the imagination, relationship and create great memories. NO PRIOR EXPERIENCE WITH HORSES OR ART-MAKING REQUIRED! Non-traditional “mother-daughter pairs” welcome.
Fees: $250.00 per mother-daughter pair. Space is limited to 8 pairs. A continental breakfast, lunch, and art supplies will be provided.Register now!
If overnight accommodation is needed, arrangements can be made for participants who wish to stay on site or near the farm. Contact me for details.
In this retreat we will:
- Connect through creative communication with our Art-making
- Connect through Play with the Equine herd at Ohana Farm and participating in unique activities with the horses
- Engage in creative Art-making alone and with our mothers and daughters
- Grow together over the two days in your relationship
- Practice mindfulness accompanied with the horses and nature
- Celebrate our special bond with lasting memories
- Nature walks
What to bring:
- Clothing appropriate for messy art making and hiking
- Muck boots, hiking boots, and/or old sneakers
- Sun or rain protection (check the weather)
- Optional: Favorite art material or journal