What is my Holistic Horsemanship Approach?
My Holistic Horsemanship encompasses looking at the whole Horse, and not just training exercises that focus on tasks and successful completion of those tasks. Holistic Horsemanship looks at the whole Equine for answers, not just at training issues. It seeks to listen to WHY the horse is saying what he’s saying not just “fixing” the “problem”. Holistic Horsemanship looks at the health, diet, hooves, lifestyle, Equipment and Well-being of the horse as an integral part of the Whole Training Program. Holistic Horsemanship also seeks to balance and focus on the relationship between a horse and their person so they are both satisfied and happy together. The overview of my system utilizes the following elements:
- My Innovative Relationship building and Holistic Training approach
- Holistic Horse care and Lifestyle, and Environment
- Traditional Chinese medicine and Element Typing horses to understand individual Character, Best Training approach and Health issues associated with that Element
- Natural Balance Dentistry
- Hoof care using non-metal protection (Plastic, or other materials) and Barefoot methods.
- Proper fitted Tack and Equipment choices
- Non force Chiropractic and Body work
- Zoopharmacognosy and Self Selection